How to bust myths on packaging
how to BUST MYTHS on packaging - I can already tell this product is NOT moisturising from the ingredient list (vs what they claim). But it's still my recent #nonsulfate based favourite 💓!
THE SECRET IS...#GOOGLE. Just search ingredients by FUNCTION, not their 'BENEFITS' because com'on if it's just 0.1% concentration, then benefit my ass🍑! (#sorrynotsorry for coarse language)
Deciphering the ingredient list:
- 💧AQUA: yup mostly just water.😂😂
- 💦POTASSIUM OLIVIATE...till POTASSIUM CASTORATE: oils 'saponified' into liquid soap for cleansing and foaming. All "potassium xxx" because 'saponified' with potassium hydroxide.
- ✨CITRUS BERGAMIA FCF: bergamot essential oil for fragrance (& antiseptic). Claimed to make skin sensitive to sunlight, so FCF means it's furocoumarin-free to avoid that.
• 🍋CITRUS LATIFOLIA: just lime 😂
• 💊TOCOPHEROL: Vit E. Antioxidant (not for your skin) but for oils to not smell bad
So as you see, there are no ingredients specifically for moisturising 🤷🏻♀️👻. But anyway - this is why I ALWAYS look for products with FEWER ingredients✌🏻. It's EASIER to research (& judge). Really ❤️ this product because of their simple and illustrative ingredient list. So much nicer alternative to mine with suffocating artificial honey fragrance!! It is quite expensive 🙊 so I'm hoping it lasts longer! (Note: got this from @verdeorganichk)
(**Note: this is an adaptation of my IG post dated October 9, see here)